Tabs

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Button Button...Who's Got The Button?!

So in my constant quest to learn and become a better srapbooker, I am always determined to learn and try new techniques, new medium...what am I saying everything I'm doing is still new to me!
I've been using buttons recently to make cards and on my scrapbook pages and I love how they look just so gosh darn cute! On a recent trip to Stuff-Mart I was in the Sewing aisle looking for embroidery floss (I'm also trying out stitching on my layouts...another blog post) I came across these 1 lb bags of buttons...yes 1 whole pound of assorted buttons! The bag is filled with different colours (mostly neutrals however) and different sizes and shapes. I picked up a few bags and was looking through them and then I spotted ONE button in the whole bag that I would love to work with (I'm a dork I know!) so for a bank-busting $3 I bought the whole 1 pound for one teeny tiny button that probably weighs less than ounce ;)

This is what 1 Pound of Buttons looks like:


This is the ONE Button! I almost don't want to use it:


Some other Honourable Mentions:


Here is a 1 1/2 Year Old Playing in 1 Pound of Buttons


This is What Happens when the 1 1/2 year old Discovers that The Sounds of Bouncing Buttons on the Hardwood Floor sounds way too cool to only do One Time! (and when Mummy has her back turned for TWO Seconds!! LOL)


Do you see down the hallways the corner of the red car? I found buttons beyond that! I'm sure we'll be finding buttons for a few days now, although I'm pretty sure we got them all (and yes I realize that some out there may call me an idiot for giving a toddler a pile of buttons) BUT not one single one made it to his mouth and up until launching them, Oliver had soo much fun picking up individual buttons, inspecting them and then putting them back down. :) So I had to clean up a few million buttons? I figure I've cleaned up much worse!! HAHA!

4 comments:

Cristine said...

I have to say I laughed out loud when I saw the last picture. Any mother of a toddler can relate to that! And you're not the only one who has purchased a whole bag of something for ONE thing! (Guilty!)

Lisa Zubritsky said...

love the pics...hahahahaa and that is one cute button!!!

Heather said...

That is a big pile of buttons! So many cute ones! I would have bought it too!

Heather (goldiecar) said...

SO FUNNY! I know. I'm only laughing because mine hasn't done that yet... She does however use all of my pop dots on herself.