Tabs

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A Stitch In Time

Along with buttons, I have recently tried stitching on my scrapbook pages. I have so often looked on in awe at fellow Scrappy Sister's pages and drooled over how absolutely beautiful their stitching is and always wanted to try it out for myself. This week's Mojo Challenge gave us a "graffiti wall" to play around with and I immediately knew that I wanted to give stitching a go!
I have done very limited amounts of stitching and sewing in the past. Waaay back in public school when Home Ec. was still a mandatory subject (I think I was 12 years old) I had a brief sewing class in school and learned to sew a button, a hem and a dinosaur shaped pillow (??) In high school and college I cross stitched for awhile but gave up after starting 3 or 4 different projects and failing miserably at them! How you can mix up a cross stitching pattern I have no idea...but I managed it! LOL.

This is last week's sketch from Kristy at ScrapbookSteals that we had to use to create a page of our own:



With my trusty needle in hand, I went to work and managed to stitch out a couple doodley looking desings on my layout. I found some cute little paper tags and I stitched them into swirlies :)








And I should probably add that, No, I am not a sewing genius...I printed sewing templates using the Silhouette and then transferred them onto my 12x12 cardstock, but shhhhhhh....no one needs to know ;) hee hee I used my craft knife, punctured holes in the paper then went through after with my needle and floss.

Here is the finished layout! The photo of Oliver was taken by Dan's Mum one afternoon in her kitchen while she was babysitting for us :) I looove the shot she was able to capture! (Thank you so much Nin!)

2 comments:

Heather said...

I love this! The tags sewn into the stitching is brilliant!

Heather (goldiecar) said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE!!! Love the stitching!