Tabs

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Under Pressure

For some years now I have known that I am a procrastinator! I will leave most things to be completed until the absolute last minute and as many times as I've tried to rectify this "problem" I have also accepted it as a part of me and when I'm under pressure I tend to work more successfully and with alot more focus.

And here is no exception haha ;) The blog that I have recently been following, Once Upon a...Sketch posted their second challenge for the month of April back on the fifteenth with a submission deadline of April thirtieth at midnight Austrailian time (so here in Canada we have to be 12 hours early or we miss it! LOL) Just like the first layout, this time around I have left it to the last 24 hours to put together a page.

The challenge was to follow this sketch and to journal about why we chose to scrap about the particular pictures we pick.



I chose pictures that we took of Oliver in January of this year shortly after New Year's. He was on his way to visit Grandma and had his first faux-hawk hairdo. I absolutely loved how gosh darn cute he looked (I know, A Mother's Bias) and how "grown up" it made him look. I wanted to use them in a layout to put in his scrapbook so that I can always remember the Cool Dude smirk he gave us ;)

Here is my interpretation of the OUAS Sketch:



Here is the journaling, I know the ink is a little shiny, it reads "This was Oliver's first faux-hawk! I just loved the smirk he would give us thinking he was so cool. We Love our Little Dude!"



This was a first for me, making paper flowers and distressing the edges of all the papers. I had so much fun!! I was a little worried about using them on a layout for my son, but I really like how they turned out.



Another first for me, I have never used Thickers before. All my Scrappy Sister's rave about them and I have been in the dark about what they even were let alone how to use them! LOL I chose some fabric ones and tried to rough up the edges a little bit to fray the cotton. I think I am loving me some Thickers!!



Materials Used:
Papers - Recollections Kraft Paper, We R Memory Keepers "Grandma's Kitchen"
Extras - My Mind's Eye "Lost and Found" Brads, American Crafts Thickers "By The Yard", Embroidery Floss
Tools - Chatterbox Doodling Genies "Funky", Silhouette SD Stitching Templates, Fiskar's Circle Cutter

6 comments:

Bente Fagerberg said...

Sweet lollipop flowers and cute pictures. i love what you did here. So glad you played along at Once Upon A...Sketch this time! have a great week end!!

Irma said...

beautiful page, and thanks for playing along!

{Ross} said...

Beautiful page! Thank to play with us on Once Upon A Sketch!

LG said...

Gorgeous work! Thanks for playing along!

Trudi Harrison said...

Having a little chuckle at procrastination and leaving things to the last minute. I think most of us can relate to this.

Great take on the sketch - adorable photos

Thanks so much for playing along with us at Once Upon A...Sketch

Natalie Elphinstone said...

Great layout, I can really see the sketch inspiration shining through!s