Tabs

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Some Doodlebug Projects


I took it upon myself to apply for the Design Team Call over at Doodlebug Designs. I never in a million years think my work is ever "good" enough to share publicly but I do have fun applying anyways. I'm learning about Design Team Applications and writing out bios and fun things like that so whether I'm chosen for a spot (Oh my goodness that would be an amazing dream come true) or not I am happy to apply and see what happens :)

For my application I have to include 2 greeting cards, 1 layout and 1 home decor item. This is what I came up with:

For Home Decor I made this Wreath made from knotted ribbon. The colours remind me of Fall or Back to School and it was a quick and easy home project to put together.




For the wreath, I used all Doodlebug Ribbon (except the red bow on the top)
-Primary Polka dot Organdy
-Boy o Boy Polka dot Organdy
-Ladybug/Bon Bon Gingham
-Beetle Black/Blue Jean Gingham
-Boy o Boy Striped Grosgrain
-Primary Striped Grosgrain
-Ladybug Rick Rack
-Bumblebee Rick Rack

For the 2 greeting cards I tried to use the same papers but make 2 very different cards. All the paper I have by Doodlebug is from their Cold Spell Line.
The first card I made was a winter card. I used some stickers as masks for the background using inks and then embellished with some snowmen, snowflakes and baker's twine.




My Happy Winter to You Card materials were:
-Doodlebug paper from Cold Spell, Blizzard
-Doodlebug Cold Spell Cardstock Stickers
-Doodlebug Swimming Pool Simply Sweet Mini Rub ons
-Distress Ink in Stormy Sky
-Distress Ink in Chipped Sapphire
-Distress Ink in Dusty Concord
-Baker's Twine from The Twinery in Caribbean

My next card I wanted to do something different so, using my Silhouette SD I cut out quite a few butterfly shapes and made a very simple Get Well Soon Card.




This is what I used:
-Doddlebug paper from Cold Spell, Frosty Dot
-Imaginisce iRock gems
-Hero Arts Everyday Sayings stamps
-Silhouette SD

Last but not least is a scrapbook layout. This layout was for the DT Application but it was also an opportunity to use some new products from Kiwi Lane Designs . Their templates were really easy to use and lots of fun to create with!




The butterfly was an extra that didn't really "go" on the gretting card and the paper flower was made by rolling up strips of cut paper. and I used my Sew Easy tool to add some stitching to the top right corner. The materials I used were:
-Doodlebug Paper from Cold Spell, Frosty Dot
-Doddlebug Paper Cardstock, Swimming Pool Dot Grid
-Pebbles Chips in Baby Blue
-Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Sugar Maple
-Kiwi Lane Design Templates, Cascade Trails
-We R Memory Keepers Sew Easy, Zig Zag Stitch
-Stickles in Diamond

1 comment:

Brenda Smith said...

Kyla, these projects are all so lovely! I'm so happy to hear you are going out for the DB DT. You would be a wonderful asset to any DT.

Brenda
http://theimperfectscrapper.blogspot.com