Tabs

Friday, November 4, 2011

A Blog Hop Newbie!




Hey There! You must be arriving here from Pat's Craft Corner Blog! Welcome to the next blog that's part of YCU Blog Hop! If you're just stumbling across my post now, head over to Young Crafter's Unite to find all the details about the Masculine Card Blog Hop, and start hoppin' and commenting for a chance to win some great prizes!

I will admit this is the very first Blog Hop I've ever taken part in, as a blogger and as a hopper too! I'm pretty excited to be a part of it all :)

So without further ado, I would love to share my masculine themed card that I made!



I used some of the more boyish patterned papers from Echo Park's For The Record line and used Kraft paper for my card base. The baker's twine was too white when I wrapped it around the card, so I coloured it using Vintage Photo Distress Ink to "dirty" it up a bit!

I'm also using this post as my entry for the third YCU Challenge





I hope you enjoy it, don't forget to leave a comment here and then head over to EFRAT'S Blog Next! Thanks a Bunch for Stopping By!!

:)

35 comments:

Efrat said...

Great card. Loved the choice of pattern paper.

neddgirl said...

This is a classy masculine card. I love it.

Rebecca
brrck@uahoo.com

Jessica Yoder-Jones said...

I really love the colors you used. Looks very nice!

Maja said...

love your card!!

Crafterkhush said...

For the record is one of my favorite collections from Echo Park.. And that coloring the twine to "dirty" it a bit was great... Suits the card completely...

Bumblebee said...

The papers you have used are so lovely, and the card so well. Thanks for sharing!Its also my first time taking part in a blog hop!

Jenny said...

Great choice of papers for your card Kyla and love how you made the twine look vintage too :)
It's my first blog hop too!
Jenny x

Catherine said...

Kyla, It is beautiful!

Annette said...

awesome card...thanks for sharing..

Mistylynn said...

It's gorgeous!

NHartsing18 said...

THANKS for telling me about this blog hop! I have never done anything like this before...it is giving me a ton of ideas for boy themed stuff!

Nichol Tran

Samantha Mann said...

great card!! i love the paper! and awesome idea for 'dirty-ing' up the twine!!

Divine said...

Cool card. TFS :)

Amber S said...

Hi Kyla - great card! Love those colors/.

Karen B. said...

Fantastic card to showcase for your first hp! Great tip on the bakers twine as well.

Alanna said...

This is great Kyla! Love the PP and how you "dirtied" up the twine - will have to keep that in mind!

Lynsey said...

Great take on the theme!

Janet Z said...

Super card!

Donna Bowman said...

Nice masculine card!

Kyla Norris said...

Thank you so much everyone, your kind words and so inspiring and I'm loving hopping to everyone's blogs and seeing all the A-Mazing cards!

Patricia said...

Very nice card. Love the curve of the paper. Thanks!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Fun card!

Giddy Blue Devil said...

I love the touch you added with the twine :) Great card!

Melissa Shea said...

I love Echo Park and Kraft paper entirely too much! Great card!

reatelier said...

I loved the pattern paper that you choose.
Perfect!!!

Rookie said...

Very cool card :)

onecraftymama said...

Oooh, love how you used the patterned paper - this pad has had me pretty stumped! And I love that you used distress ink on the twine :)

Angie said...

Nice card. I love the papers you've used.

The Constant Scrapper said...

What a great design, Kyla! It's just the right combination of elements. :-)

Emily Keaton said...

Cool design! I really like this great guy card. :)

Pat said...

Love Echo Park paper--and it works really well here!

Sue D said...

Great card--I like how you distressed the twine.

Lisa (lisascraps) said...

Wonderful card ~ I love the design!

pcm said...

great first blog hop card!

Larissa Heskett said...

THANKS for sharing!! LOVE the ISPIRATION and the chance to win!! Have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)