Tabs

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A Pinterest Creation for the Holidays

Since the summer time I have been on the website Pinterest. If you have never heard of this place, go and check it out! It's more addictive than Facebook and Twitter (although I never did get into the whole twittering? tweeting? twits? fad) Basically, Pinterest is your online cork board where you can bookmark photos, recipes, crafts etc to easily find later. It's a way more fun version of your "favourite" list really.

Anyways, my biggest problem is that I spend ages "pinning" all these really cool things to do, but have found that I don't ever go back and try any of them. So far I've made a few recipes (Salted Chocolate chip cookies have changed my life!) but never yet have I tried a crafty project....

...Until today!!

Oliver and I taped down (well, I taped, he ran all over and scrunched them haha) garbage bags to the floor to make a little work zone and brought out some acrylic paints, distress inks, glimmer mists, stickles and paint brushes and set to work for a crafty morning.

I found this "Pin" a couple weeks ago and thought it would look super cute as something to hang on the wall during Christmas as part of our decorations.

Oliver loved having his feet painted and I left him up to his own devices with some paint brushes and a tin foil plate full of paint. I'm not sure if I'm crazy leaving a 2 year old in charge of paints and paper, but he had a ball and now we have a fridge covered in his artwork :)



I picked up some canvas from Michael's and first sprayed it with Apple Glimmer Mist to give the white background just a tiny bit of colour and sparkle then went around the edges with green and brown distress inks. Oliver stamped his feet down to make the reindeer's faces and then I went back with a paintbrush and freehanded the antlers and nose. While the red paint was still wet I sprinkled some loose glitter onto it to add some extra glitz to their noses. Using Holly Stickles I added the year to the bottom corner. Et Voila! Our very first Pinterest Inspired crafty project complete!

No comments: