Tabs

Monday, December 12, 2011

A Baptism Card

It's Challenge time again!!

One of my favourite Challenge Blogs, Young Crafters Unite, have posted this month's Card Challenge...to use Dies.


My son's new little cousin was baptized on the weekend and I'm using the card that I made as my entry.

For the background of the card I inked up a background stamp by Market Street Stamps with Versamark ink then sprayed it with Shimmerz Spritzes spray in Baby Breath. The result is the front of the card with just a tiny hint of texture with just the right amount of shimmer.


My Die Cut piece is the bracket cut piece that I cut out using my Silhouette SD. I also used the sketch pens with the machine to write the sentiment on the front. Our family on my husband's side is French, so instead of "For Your Baptism" I used "Pour ton Baptême". I added a few pearls just so that the die cut didn't look so empty.

I inked all the edges with Broken China Distress Ink, added some ribbon and then rounded off the corners.
A very simple, clean and bright card. :)

3 comments:

Marie / Legojenta said...

This is so pretty! Love the classy look =) Thank you so much for joining our Young Crafters Unite challenge!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOW! This card is STUNNING--love the white with the beautiful ribbon!

febe said...

Simple and yet elegant. This is a beautiful card.

locksmiths sydney