Tabs

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A Quick Wedding Card



Another card challenge this month from Young Crafter's Unite.

Dan and I have a wedding coming up in February. Some close friends of ours are tying the knot at the National Arts Centre in Ottawa and we're looking forward to celebrating with them.

This month's challenge is to create a card following this YCU sketch:


I just received a cute background stamp in the mail from The Stamps of Life and I was so excited to use it for the first time. A wedding card seemed like a perfect place to break it out!


I know First Corinthians is read at nearly every wedding, but I still adore it. I stamped it out on white cardstock first and then restamped the last line on red cardstock. I cut out the "Love never fails" in red to make it into the banner. I added a Prima Crystal and coloured in some pearls with markers to match the colours of the card. The banner is adhered to the card with foam squares to add a little dimension and all the edges are inked with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.



I'm really looking forward to passing this card onto the happy couple and hope they enjoy it!

2 comments:

Marie / Legojenta said...

Such a good idea to have that verse as the image for your card! Thank you so much for joining our Young Crafters Unite challenge =)

FrancineB said...

Gorgeous card! I like how you highlighted the last line in red. Thanks for sharing.