Tabs

Monday, February 27, 2012

Love The Online Crops!

On Friday last week my favourite Scrappy website, ScrapbookSteals, hosted an online chat/crop. Basically the scrappy community logs on to a live chat and we spend a couple hours chit chatting and watching a live video feed from their HQ in Salt Lake City. Super fun!
Anyways, during the crop we are given layout challenges to complete before the end of the weekend. I think this is the first time I've been able to complete all the layouts (Four!) in one weekend before the deadline.....well....nearly complete...

I put an order into my usual big Box/Bulk/Mega Store on Friday morning so that I could pick them up that afternoon for the challenges I had in mind....Here we are on Monday evening and they are still not ready! *argh, grumble, grumble, argh* So instead of sulking too much I went ahead and worked on all my layouts and have left a blank matte where the photos will eventually be!

Challenge #1 was to create a layout based on the uber talented Kristy Lee's Mid Week Mojo Sketch. Here's the sketch:


I loved the look of the sketch and loved that it included so many photos on 1 12x12 layout. As most of you know I have been working on putting together my Sister's Wedding Book. A task that I have absolutely adored working on! I thought Kirsty's sketch would be perfect for all the photos from the reception. I loved the sketch so much I used it twice to make a 2 page layout of the Entrances/Prayers/Speeches at the dinner.
Here's the left side:


Here's the right side:


Challenge #2 was to "Keep it Real". Create a layout that is real life, the nitty, the gritty not dolled up truth. For this layout I walked around my house and took random pictures of our kitchen, living room, bathroom etc (these are still waiting to be printed) and came up with this layout:


Challenge #3 was to "Scrap That Stash". To create a layout based on where all your scrapping takes place. With our basement flood from last spring in mind, I wanted to show a before and after of my Scrappy Corner. (Again thank you 1 hour photo printing for not printing my photos in an hour *ahem!*) So you will just have to visualize photos of a flooded dirty basement and then transforming the same space into my new crafty desk! LOL


Last but not least, Challenge #4 and I think my favourite! "Something"! You know the old proverb (right word?) 'Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue.'? Well we had to scrap it. I have been trying to come up with a way to scrap this for awhile and this challenge seemed like the perfect way! Back in October we had an incident with a certain toddler in our house shoving a popcorn kernel up his nose...long story and 2 days in and out of CHEO later the kernel was surgically removed and sent home with us as a souvenir. And thus my something "old"! For my "Something New" I used Authentique paper. It's a fairly new paper company and it's the first time I've used their products (which, FYI, I adore!) My other something new is the accordian flowers, it's a new technique that I've seen and always wanted to try. "Something Borrowed" is the hospital bracelet and Something Blue...well that's self explanatory ;)


I had so much fun working on all these layouts and I can't wait to see them with the photos! I promise to repost when they are absolutely done!

No comments: