Tabs

Monday, April 30, 2012

The Paper Girls Challenge Blog Hop!!

Hi Everyone!! If you are here for the first ever Paper Girls Challenge Blog Hop welcome, welcome, welcome! You should be arriving here from Judy's Blog.

If you are just joining us now and would like to take part in the Blog Hop for a pretty sweet prize, click the following link <<HERE>> to start at the very beginning.

If you are here for the Giveaway I had a few weeks ago when I was Guest Sketcher at ScrapbookSteals, click <<HERE>>

If you're wondering why I have fallen a bit behind with everything, click <<HERE>>

And now back to the task at hand! The Paper Girls Challenge ATC Blog Hop! ATC's or Artist Trading Cards are like the Baseball cards to the Crafting World.  They are super cute mini works of art that crafters/scrappers/artists create and then swab with their crafty/scrappy/artsy buddies!

A year ago I had never even heard of ATC's before and took part in my first trade with one of my favourite websites, ScrapbookSteals. It was such a treat to receive little pieces of ATC goodness from all the women I'd come to know online. My very first set of ATC's took me forever to make and I think I spent far too much time on each one and tried to make them all individually different somehow. It was taking me upwards of an hour to finish one little 2.5x3.5 inch card. Crazy.

Since then I organize my thoughts a bit more and make my ATC's easy to recreate so that if there's another trade going on I can whip some up without spending days and days and days.

With an amazing online community of Scrappers, since my introduction to the ATC world, there have been quite a few swaps that have taken place and each time I marvel at the beautiful works of art that each person creates.

I always want the ATC's that I receive from others close by so that I can admire them, I keep them in a carousel by Seven Gypsies. (I wanted to give a link to their website, but their site is currently down). I love the little carousel that sits on the shelf over my crafty space and it's the perfect size for all the cards.

This Spring there is another swap fast approaching.  I decided to base my cards on Spring Flowers. First I cut out my bases and covered them all with green or pink patterned paper from Echo Park's Style Essentials Runway line. Using patterned papers from their Victoria Gardens collection I stamped out enough flowers to have 3 on each card. The flower stamp and the sentiment stamp are all from The Stamps of Life. After some fussy cutting and some quick assembly the cards came together. I embellished them a bit by adding some glitter to the edges and some Crystal Effects from Stampin' Up to the flower centres.



Here they are ready to be mailed away!


Here are some other ATC's that I've had fun creating:

Fall Pumpkins

Winter Peguins

Thank you so much for stopping by!! Don't forget to leave a comment below and you're ready to go to the next blog on the hop! 

Kyla Norris <<----You are HERE!
Charity Becker <<---NEXT Stop

How to Participate:

Want to win? Get one entry for commenting on each of the blog posts, "like" the Paper Girls Challenge on Facebook, and finally become a follower on our blog. It's simple, you get to see some fabulous projects and you know you want to!

Want to have more fun after seeing all of the inspiring projects? Join in! Link up an ATC created by you and you will get an extra entry for the prize! (Link up your ATC on the ATC Post at PGCB)

International readers are welcome to play along but currently we are only shipping prize packs to the US and Canada due to shipping costs.



28 comments:

Jessica said...

Those flowers are adorable. LOVE it! And I've been wanting a carousel that size - off to check out the 7Gypsies site and see if I can find one.

Stephanie U said...

These turned out great! All of the fussy cutting was definitely worth it.

Jessica L. said...

Absolutely adore the penguin ATC!!!

Mistylynn said...

I love my spinner too!!! and I love having your penguin atc! super work kyla

Amber S said...

Oooohhhh, I can't wait to get this one!!

Amy Jones #8546 said...

Wow these are great. Love the penguin.

Kristina said...

I spy a boat on that carousel! ;-)

Cathryn said...

All that cutting was certainly worth the effort......these are gorgeous!!!! Great blog hop.....thanks for the chance to win a prize, and I love your blog!!!!

Marisa T. said...

amazing as always! I love the winter ones.

Judy said...

So jealous you have a spinner! I want one! It was worth fussy cutting the flowers - just lovely!

RReavie said...

I loved the winter penguins!!

RReavie said...

Yeah!!! This is the first time I've ever written in your blog and it's actually posted for me!! Lol

Charity Becker said...

Not sure cutting all those flowers cut down on your time per card, but they sure are beautiful!

Deborah Johnson said...

What a great idea to put the cards in a carousel! I have mine in a ziplock back that I take out during lunch while I'm scrapping - feels like I have all of you cutie pies scrapping right along with me!

Nancy said...

Your spring ATC's are so beautiful!!! Can't wait to get one ;-)

Amy said...

Oh my! Those are simply gorgeous! I love the look of the flowers stamped on patterned paper and cut out! Beautiful!

mel said...

love your ATC cards,i am doing a swap just waiting on gettin my card back,tfs

CarlyJo said...

Ahh! Atc wheel storage, how cool! I never thought of making the cards in more than 1 copy. I guess its the things that are great basic ideas that I overlook! Thanks for sharing.

Giddy Michelle said...

I think I need that carousel...love your ATCs

Kiki's Kraft Korner said...

I love your spring ATC's and your winter penguin ATC's are adorable too! I love participating in ATC swaps :)

BethD488 said...

Love your ATC's!!! The flowers are perfect, and the penguins are darn adorable!!!

Sara Elizabeth said...

I love how much pizazz the glittered edges add to these little cards! I also have wanted to try out crystal effects for awhile. I love these cards!

Bev said...

amazing flowers .... fab atc's.. and so many too

Brittany said...

I LOVE these...the glittered edges and the fussy cut flowers are just too cute!

Monica S said...

The flowers are really cute!

Scrappin Mama said...

I love your ATCs. They are beautiful.

MommyManderz said...

your cards are gorgeous!!

Char (NanCDru) said...

Love the colors that you used on these ATC's. And the flowers are worth the fussy cutting you did!