Tabs

Monday, June 18, 2012

Mosaic Photo Inspiration

Over at The Paper Girls Challenge Blog, their newest challenge is to use the following photo to inspire a layout or card.
Mosaic by Natalie Warne
I loved this mosaic (and still do) when I pinned it on Pinterest a few months ago. I just love how the colours are happy and vibrant and how much movement there is.  It took me a while to organize how I wanted to translate that across into a layout.

 

I chose a photo of my son and I on a tire swing from last summer. The shot was taken mid swing and I wanted to capture the movement in the photo and relate it back to the flow and movement in the mosaic. I also wanted to pull inspiration from all the curves in the mosaic, so on my layout I used papers with circular patterns, I cut them into rectangles to contrast the shape a little bit and tried to "swing" them behind my photo. I also tried to layer them in a similar manner to the very centre of the mosaic.
Lastly, I created a small "mosaic" of  spiralled twine circles to follow my circular theme.
I didn't want my title to be all one colour, but I didn't have a colour that really matched the rest of my layout so the yellow "swingin'" Thickers were inked with a couple different Distress Inks to customize them as best as I could.


 
Here's a quick and easy tutorial on how I made my twine spirals ----> HERE!

I hope you head on over to our Challenge Blog! I can't wait to see all the different projects!

Supplies that I used:Patterened Paper and Brads - My Mind's Eye, Fine & Dandy (True Blue)
Twine - The Twinery (assorted colours)
Ink - Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmelad)
Alpa Stickers - Thickers (Sunny - Reef, White)

2 comments:

Kristie said...

I love your page!! Great design and those twine spirals are really cool!

Van Nguyen said...

Such a fun and vibrant layout. Love those twine swirlys!