Tabs

Monday, August 20, 2012

The Paper Girls Challenge #14 - Get Messy!!

It's challenge time again! I feel like I haven't participated in one in a little bit. (summer hols)

Our team member, Amber, challenged us to get messy with our projects. We could use mists, inks, paints, anything we could think that would be fun and messy to use!

At first I wasn't sure if I would have time to put something together but this challenge does coincide with an art journal/reference book I have been working on alongside an online class I've been taking.

Right now at Britta Swiderski's blog, there is an online class called Design Principles. It's a fantastic class that she is teaching all about the definitions of design and how to apply them into crafting. Each class we make a tag to put together into a booklet so that we can go back and reference what we have been learning. If you're interested in joining check out her blog for info --->HERE

Starting out as plain manilla tags, I used many colours of Distress Inks, water, stamps, embossing powder and washi tape to decorate them. I made the seven tags over the weekend while catching up from vacation so the end result was very messy, inky and stained fingers!
(you can see all the tags HERE)

Inspiration University - Design Principles Class Booklet with Britta Swiderski


Head on over to our blog, The Paper Girls Challenge to see everything that our team created and to find out how you can enter a "Messy" project of your own for a chance to win a prize!


No comments: