Tabs

Monday, April 15, 2013

PGCB - Travel

Another Monday has arrived and with that a Paper Girls Challenge project!  
Judy challenged us all to create something with a Travel theme. I love this theme!
I absolutely love travelling somewhere new and trying to see and learn and do as much as I possibly can in the time that we're there!
In February of this year my husband and I decided to go on vacation for a few days to Las Vegas.
We had an amazing time and we visited so many places!
I wanted to scrap all our memories, but I'm finding nowadays I have alot less time to scrap and therefore layouts are few and far between these days. This vacation was only 4 days long so really a full vacation album is too much, but there's so many things for only do 1 or 2 layouts.
Enter SMASH Book!
I have been wanting to try a SMASH Book since they were released a couple of years ago, but have never taken the plunge. For Christmas my sister was awesome and sent me a gift certificate to a big craft store, so I thought now is the perfect time to try something new that I have always wanted to!
Here is what I've put together so far:

1st Page/Cover Page
 
The Travel Page for The Paper Girls Challenge


Close up of Left Side

Close up of Right Side
 I have had those green Thickers now for nearly 2 years and I finally found a way to use them!! LOL
I have to say as a first time "Smasher" I think I am hooked already. I loved how fast the pages come together and really do just randomly smash things in.
I can't wait to work on the rest of it!

Now make sure to go visit our site to see all the Travel projects our team created!!

Supplies Used
 Book:Simple Orange SMASH Folio by K & Company
SMASH Accessories:
Calendar SMASH Pockets, Like This SMASH Tape, SMASH Simple Sticky Notes, Black SMASH Stick
Washi Tape:
Boston Green Monter, Seattle Rain, Big Apple Baby by Downtown Tape
Indie Chic "Hanging Out" by My Mind's Eye
Stamps:
bon voyage by Lawn Fawn
Amy Tangerine, Ready Set Go "Hey There" by American CraftsAmy Tangerine, Ready Set Go "Today" Roller Date Stamp by American Crafts
Ink:
Memento Tuxedo Black by Tsukineko
Alphas:
Sunny "Salmon", Umbrella (I think) by American Crafts
Tiny Type "Blue" by Cosmo Cricket


1 comment:

Deborah Johnson said...

Your smash book looks awesome - thank you for sharing - get's me interested in trying one of my own.